Complex carbohydrates the balance in the body, they be. No peaks or troughs with these guys in your blood. Stability factor.
- Carbohydrates are sugars and starches
- Provide body energy for activity
- Sugary carbohydrates, such as cakes and biscuits, will raise blood sugars more quickly and higher in people with diabetes and more injected insulin or medications may be needed
- Sugary carbohydrates don’t last long and cause peaks and troughs
- Slow acting complex carbohydrates, such as nuts, seeds and cereals, do not raise the blood sugars as quickly or as high after eating. They last longer and give more even blood sugar levels, the amount of medication (in Type 2) that is needed may be less