- 2.9 million living with diabetes in UK predicted to increase to 5 million by 2025.
- £10 billion spent on diabetes by the NHS but 80% of complications are avoidable with improved management of the condition.
- Ideas for the pharmacy profession to manage the disease leading to a service which would lead to better outcomes.
- MUR bootcamp- Aims to give the right advice, when trying to do the right thing for the patient, when you are busy. Tips to change mindset.
- Structured MUR consultation guide
- Patient MUR record form
- Improve your Diabetes leaflet
- Pancreas is exocrine and endocrine gland
For the Brave only enter this zone only if you dare. Blow your mind
Cells in pancreas;
- Alpha- targets liver cells to increase blood levels
- Beta- targets cells throughout the body to take up free glucose to give glycogen
- Delta somatostatin-targets alpha beta pancreatic cells and GI tract
- F cells- targets pancreatic and gall bladder